McAfee VirusScan Enterprise has been replac by McAfee Endpoint Security. Our flagship endpoint platform. Providing zero-impact scans for your users, a single agent. Also simplified policy management and deep integrations with other McAfee products. McAfee Endpoint Security gives you the latest zero-day defences in one, streamlined endpoint platform.
McAfee also produces an enterprise-level product named VirusScan Enterprise: McAfee has designed this for use on larger networks designed to make management of antivirus software on multiple computers easier. Unlike the home-user edition, the Enterprise edition consists of a client application for networked computers, and a server application, which the system installs updates and configures settings for all client programs. Clients can be controlled using the included ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), which is a unified console that can control VirusScan and other McAfee products.
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.8.0 Patch Features:
- Support for Microsoft Windows 10 October 2018 Update and Microsoft Windows Server 2019.
- Report package with Patch 12 — Updates clients with VSE 8.8.0 Patch 8 and later.
- Full installation Patch 12 package for Windows — Includes full installation for new systems.
- Fixed an issue that caused a bugcheck when a disk was unmounted unexpectedly.
- Windows Security Center no longer reports that VSE is disabled when it is running.
- The Policy Comparison Tool is now able to compare Access Protection policies. It no longer includes the Global exclusion section fields in the comparison.
- Windows Group Policy Objects that enable administrators to install USB drivers are now detected by the Windows disk management snap-in and continue to function after upgrades. Tuned the Arbitrary Access Control (AAC) self-protection rules to allow disk filter drivers to install during upgrades.
- Mapped storage volumes are now detected by the Windows disk management snap-in. Tuned the Arbitrary Access Control (AAC) self-protection rules to allow disk filter drivers to install during upgrades.
- Fixed an issue that caused the McAfee ePO server to become temporarily unresponsive after an upgrade due to a large number of concurrent validation events.
- Fixed an issue with old VSCore drivers that caused systems to crash while installing Microsoft Updates. Added a check for non-null pointers to old VSCore drivers.
- Fixed an issue that caused a system crash after upgrading to Patch 11 due to conflicting validation events.
- Fixed an issue that caused systems to crash when connecting a removable media device. VSCore now verifies that the removable media is connected and enabled before sending related data to the driver queue.