PrimoCache Desktop Edition may be a supplementary software package caching theme that cooperates with physical memory, solid-state drives (SSDs) and flash drives to supply information caching for local physical disks. It transparently stores disk information into quick cache devices like physical memory, in order that future scan requests for that information are going to be served directly from the cache and be quicker. so time interval is going to be reduced, showing a good improvement in overall system performance.
What are you able to Do With It?
• If you’ve got 4GB or a lot of memory, you’ll be able to use some of the memory as the cache to accelerate local disks, as well as mechanical disks, SSDs and flash drives, and iSCSI disks.
• If you’ve got memory not seen by Windows, sometimes in 32-bit Windows, you’ll be able to use this hidden memory as the cache to accelerate local disks and iSCSI disks.
• If you’ve got an SSD and a mechanical disk on your system, you’re ready to partition some or all of this SSD as the cache to accelerate the mechanical disk.
• If you’ve got a spare USB 3.0 flash drive, you’ll be able to use it as the cache to accelerate your mechanical disks.
PrimoCache very well
• PrimoCache implements a two-level caching design consisting of level-1 cache and level-2 cache. Level-1 cache, additionally referred to as primary cache, consists of physical memory. A level-2 cache may be a secondary cache which generally resides on a solid-state drive, a flash drive or different quick persistent storage device. clearly, level-1 cache runs a lot of quicker than the level-2 cache, though it’s typically a lot of smaller. PrimoCache permits one level cache configuration exploitation either level-1 cache or level-2 cache, similarly as a two-level cache configuration mistreatment each level of cache.
• in contrast to level-1 cache that cannot keep cache contents from bringing up, a level-2 cache is ready to retain its cache contents across laptop reboots thanks to the persistent nature of storage devices. This avoids attractive often-accessed information again from slow disks anytime laptop boots up. so level-2 cache can remarkably cut back boot-up time and speed up applications for those computers that install mechanical onerous disks.
• PrimoCache additionally supports write-deferred caching mode, that executes write requests on the cache 1st and synchronizes information from the cache to the disk when custom delays. thus write requests may be responded and completed in no time, greatly up the disk write performance.
• additionally, PrimoCache implements the Unified Invisible Memory Management Interface (UIMMI), which might use Invisible Memory as the level-1 cache. Invisible Memory, additionally referred to as Unmanaged Memory typically exists on 32-bit desktop Windows wherever 4GB or a lot of physical memory is installed. This feature helps to beat the Windows limits on the quantity of system memory and totally utilize all installed physical memory.
• PrimoCache fulfills an intelligent cache replacement algorithmic program that optimally determines cache blocks required to be discarded to create the area for brand new information once cache area is full. This cache algorithmic program combines 2 normal algorithms that are Least often Used (LFU) and Least Recently Used (LRU) and provides a much better cache hit ratio. it’s self-tuning and needs no user-specified parameters.
• PrimoCache permits multiple cache methods and flexible configurations. it’s enforced in Windows kernel level and is clear to different applications. thus no application or system changes are needed for this caching resolution. With PrimoCache, you’ll be able to simply setup caches for local disks and speed up your computers.
• one in all the PrimoCache’s core parts may be a storage category filter driver that resides within the storage stack, intercepting I/O requests for information on a disk. If the requested information is contained within the cache, this request may be served by simply reading the cache, that is comparably quicker. Otherwise, the info should be fetched from disk. Hence, a lot of requests may be served from the cache the higher the system performance is.
- Supports physical memory, solid-state drives, and flash drives as cache storage.
- Implements a two-level caching design.
- Supports persistent level-2 caching.
- Supports Write-Through and Write-Deferred caching modes.
- Supports TRIM command.
- Supports OS Invisible Memory.
- Supports pre-fetching information into a cache.
- Implements an intelligent and self-tuning cache replacement algorithmic program.
- Supports caching strategies: Read/Write Caching, Read-Only Caching and Write-Only Caching.
- Supports performance statistics and monitor.
- Supports caching for multiple volumes
- Supports caching for volumes with the proprietary filing system.
- Supports caching for volumes on basic and dynamic disks.
- Supports plug and play.
- Supports command-line interface.
- Title: PrimoCache Desktop Edition v3.0.2
- Developer: Romex software
- License: software
- Language: English
- OS: Windows